Who We Are
Edge of the Web are a small, excellent digital agency based in Warwick town centre. We’ve been around since 2008, and we work with loads of different types of clients, from startups to household names.
As part of our team, you’ll be working alongside experts in different fields, from development to digital marketing, producing high quality work that you’ll be proud of.
Full Stack PHP Developer
- Warwick, United Kingdom
- A competitive salary
- Full time, Mon-Fri, 9am - 5:30pm
- Hybrid working role
You’ll work across a wide variety of projects with very different requirements, and your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and building new websites and services from scratch, based on client requirements
- Building complex front end interactions, and integrating back end functionality into the front end
- Maintaining existing projects and creating additional functionality when required
How We Work
We don’t micromanage our team so it’s important that you are organised, self-motivating and able to prioritise your workload.
We’re a busy agency, and sometimes you might have to dip in and out of projects. You need to be able to work independently and be a good problem solver. You’ll also need to be able to work in collaboration with the rest of the team, including with other departments.
In exchange, you’ll get the chance to work alongside some fantastic designers and developers, and the opportunity to deliver some fun, challenging projects.
For this role, your skills are more significant than your experience, so it’s not essential that you have industry experience, although it would definitely be a bonus if you’ve had a similar Development role.
- Experience using version control, for example git
- Working collaboratively with other team members
- Strong understanding of modern PHP
- Understanding of Object oriented programming
- Front end development techniques to be able to integrate functionality into a web application:
- CSS - SASS
- Experience integrating with third party APIs using both existing SDKs and directly
- Experience with designing and using relational databases - MySQL
- Understanding of core web concepts
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience developing web applications using both existing CMS and from scratch
- Knowledge of security best practices
- A passion for both back end and front end development
- Be organised and able to hit your deadlines
- Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively with different teams
- An affinity for dogs - we have two office dogs (Buzz and Bruce) who are very friendly and are in the office most of the time
- Examples of your work
- Past agency experience
- Linux system administration experience
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience building applications using Node.js
- Experience with Wordpress
- Real-time applications using websockets
- An understanding of responsive web design and the implications on development
- Experience using frontend libraries and frameworks such as React and jQuery
- Cloud hosting experience
- Google Cloud
- Experience using package managers
- Frontend build tools
What You Get
For the right person, working at Edge of the Web gets you:
- A great working environment with regular staff nights out, a pool table, ping pong table and drinks fridge/bar in the office.
- A competitive salary, depending on your current skill set and experience.
- 23 days of holiday per year (plus bank holidays), as well as your birthday off.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Remote working 4 days per week.
- Flexible working hours.
This is a hybrid role - you will need to be able to work from our Warwick office 1 day per week. This is not a freelance or fully remote position.
Join the team
Interested? Send us your CV, covering letter and work examples.
If we seem like a good fit, we'll ask you to come in for a chat - where we can learn more about you, you can learn more about us, and you can meet the dogs too!
If you don’t have a dedicated portfolio, please send some links to projects you’ve worked on. We can’t consider any applicants that don’t provide examples of their work.Apply now